unsigned methods (was Re: methods for license conversion)

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Sat Jul 21 20:06:04 UTC 2007

"Pavel Krivanek" <squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz> writes:
> - 1029 methods have no initials of the author hasn't subscribed the
> license conversion agreement so we have to rewrite them
> (http://comtalk.net/public/pub/KernelImage/20070704/authors.ods)

While rewriting is the simplest solution, it is also labor-intensive.

Most likely non-initialled methods are ancient ones dating from Squeak
1.0 or even earlier.  Suppose we did a comparison and realized that
most of them were from Squeak 1.0.  Would we then be able to identify
a small number of people who definitely wrote it?

Or, would that doubly mean we have to rewrite the code in question??
What is the legal status of methods from Squeak 1.0?

-Lex