Win32Window how to get Squeak's window Handle? VM?

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 22 07:11:29 UTC 2007

This message sounds like Ffenestri is the planned future GUI interface of Squeak.  Is that so, or I read it wrong?  I was under the impression that the BltBlt method was faster then using native windows (though it could be that just the wxWidget libraries are themselves slow).  Is this true?  Sig has mentioned he can get a 3 to 5 times speed up from BltBlt using OpenGL.Note, I'm not expressing an opinion here, just trying to understand.Thanks,Jason> From: tim at rowledge.org> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:19:35 -0700> To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> Subject: Re: Win32Window how to get Squeak's window Handle? VM?> > > On 12-Jul-07, at 2:14 AM, Herbert König wrote:> > > > >> > the VM does what I need actually and I already thought of just making> > a new VM which gives access to the C-variable stWindow to Squeak.> But that variable is slated for retirement; it is irrelevant once  > Ffenestri is actually used.> > tim> --> tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org; http://www.rowledge.org/tim> "Bother!" said Pooh, searching for the $10m winning lottery ticket.> > >