[Meta] Standard packages?

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 09:35:25 UTC 2007

2007/7/23, Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com>:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 01:50:01 -0700, Damien Cassou
> <damien.cassou at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I tried to build a squeak-dev image on top of MinimalMorphic (=
> > KernelImage + Morphic). The only problem I found was the absence of
> > the Preferences tool.
>
> How big a problem is that?

It depends:

- if you don't need the Preferences, it might work. But I didn't tried
because I'm not sure people are interested in a squeak-dev image
without being able to set preferences. And setting the preferences
right is part of the job of the squeak-dev image.

- if you care about the Preferences, Pavel told me it was not easy to
load as a package because there are a lot of things that need to be
loaded too.

--
Damien Cassou