[Meta] Standard packages?

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 10:21:58 UTC 2007

2007/7/23, nicolas cellier <ncellier at ifrance.com>:
> Yes, Preferences should be limited to providing some kind of registration
> machinery and basic UI and IO services rather than holding the state of all
> possible packages.
>
> Maybe this can even be done with some kind of <#annotation: >
> (name is less-controversial than pragma).
> This way, if Preferences is in the image, it interprets the annotations;
> if not, then no harm with Undeclared or something...

I'm not sure annotations are used for that kind of things:

- the preference system would have to browse all methods of all
classes to detect these annotations
- in which method do you put the annotation?
- in your code, how do you access the preference? and if the
preference system is not present, how do you code this?

--
Damien Cassou