Faster dictionaries?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 10:42:22 UTC 2007

On 22/07/07, J J <azreal1977 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> ________________________________
> > Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:18:23 +0300
> > From: siguctua at gmail.com
> > To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
> > Subject: Re: Faster dictionaries?
> >
> > My dicts showing most better results , when you need to remove keys.
> > In most cases, dictionaries used to be populated once, then
> > accessing/replacing values.
> > But in case, when you need to remove keys (especially weak key
> > dictionaries) current squeak implementation is very slow.
>
> Are you using the updated WeakDictionary that someone put on Mantis a few
> months back?  I hope that has made it into the image by now, but I don't
> recall if it did or not.

I'm currently working on project which using 3.8 image as base.
Look at this:

WeakKeyDictionary>>fixCollisionsFrom: oldIndex
	"The element at index has been removed and replaced by nil."
	self rehash. "Do it the hard way - we may have any number of nil keys
and #rehash deals with them"

method's stamp:
ar 10/21/2000 19:58

--