$100 laptop production begins - targeting October 2007

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Mon Jul 23 15:17:09 UTC 2007

  Hilaire,

> > BBC has the news @
> >
> > - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6908946.stm
> >
> > Interestingly (and no surprise :) "There's still some software to write"
>
> As a high school math teacher and part time programmer I contacted olpc
> team to see if there were any interst on interactive geometry. From the
> mostly empty feedback I got I can only conlcude there are no interest in
> this particular field, although interactive geometry is part of the
> constructivist paradigm through micro-world implementation.

  Empty response is to be blamed.  I'm sorry, Hilaire.  We would like
to include as many useful as *possible*, but it is a hard problem.
One idea is to make a separate .image (and activity) that contains
"advanced" stuff like DrGEO II, etc. and possibly usable Smalltalk
development environment...

-- Yoshiki