Delay and Server reliability

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jul 24 16:39:45 UTC 2007

On 24-Jul-07, at 24-Jul;1:40 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:16 , Damien Cassou wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2007/7/24, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>:
>>> That's very important patch and very interesting to me too,
>>> because I'm
>>> just deciding to put some of my public Aida/Web websites from VW to
>>> Squeak and I was afraid of such issues as one you just solved.
>>>
>>> Is there any chance that this patch goes to 3.10?
>>
>> Chance would be greater if unit tests were included.
>
> No. It just takes a couple of people filing this in and using the
> image for a while. Preferably on servers. And then reporting their
> findings.

Whilst it may be effectively impossible to do unit tests to cover the
problem this code is intended to fix it would be quite nice to have
some Delay tests in the image (caveat - I've just checked my
*working* image which is a sophie development image and thus 3.8
based) to make sure that the Delay and related classes work the way
we expect after this fix is applied. T'would be tragic to find that
it stops a major lockup but breaks some small routine function.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BPB: Branch on Program Bug