Error updating universe list

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 13:05:13 UTC 2007

May I suggest a mailing list specifically for universe content
discussion to support the opening of the "editorial policy" so as to
adopt a "social model", rather than an "anarchic model". The server
could post to the mailinglist when it receives updates and users could
post with feedback.

The posts could be flagged with the universe to which it applies in
order to support appropriate filtering.

I have discovered that Universes do not appear to support Monticello
dependencies. This means that packages such as 'Magma Server' and
variants are not likely to work out of the box.

TimeZoneDatabase is not (as yet) compatible with 3.9 nor 3.10 since It
overrides DateAndTime fromSeconds: to return a DateAndTime instance.
Users of the subclass TimeStamp fromSeconds: are expecting a TimeStamp
instance.

Keith