How to access stdout on Mac OS X when using open

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 18:07:20 UTC 2007

stdout is normally buffered (no idea how OSProcess is implemented).  Maybe you need to send a #flush command first?> To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> From: Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr> Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:02:59 +0200> Subject: How to access stdout on Mac OS X when using open> > Hi all,> i'm using OSProcess to write something on the mac OS X terminal but when > i execute : OSProcess thisOSProcess stdOut nextPutAll: 'Hello World'. > nothing seems to happen ...> > I'm using Squeak 3.8.18beta1U Mac OS X VM, sq3.9-7067dev07.01.1 image > and OSProcess 4.3.3. I launch Squeak from the terminal with the open > command.> > When i launch the Squeak binary inside the Squeak application,> the previous expression write the 'Hello World' string on the terminal.> > > -- Serge Stinckwich> http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr/> >