Message Eating Null - article

Cees de Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 07:43:15 UTC 2007

On 7/26/07, Brian Rice <water at tunes.org> wrote:
> > To me the above looks as close to perl as smalltalk is hopefully
> > ever likely to get!
> >
> > ;-)
>
> That is disingenuous. Please use honest arguments.

I think it *is* an honest argument. One of the strong points of
Smalltalk is its readability, and that code block was awful in that
respect.

FYI - I used the message eating nil pattern in one of the largest
systems I wrote in Smalltalk, and I loved it. We did restrict
ourselves to the business layer only, the couple of experiments we did
with it in other layers quickly found their way to the wastebin. Just
my two cents and now I'm off on holidau :)

--
"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a
universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. " -