KernelImage

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 01:18:45 UTC 2007

KernelImage

Hi Pavel,

Is there a place for reporting errors?

Trying minamal morphic, I get the following:

Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:39 PM
For this one
in a fresh minimal morphic 2
world menu>open>classic browser>browser

image aborts with: dnu.txt saying:

Error: Improper store into indexable object
------

miniimal morphic fares better.
from a fresh minimal morphic.
try opening a browser. (a selection box comes up)
if package browser is selected the emergency evaluator
actuates but then the browser and an error box come
up.
the second attempt to open a browser (no selection box
this time)
actually calls up a package browser.

>From a fresh minimal morphic.
Try opening a browser. (a selection box comes up)
If browser is selected an error box comes up but no
browser.

----

Back to the drawing board.

***

http://comtalk.net/public/pub/KernelImage/KernelImage20070729.zip
>you can download latest KernelImage materials. It
shows how to load
>MinimalMoprhic system simply using one file into a
small kernel image
>(about 3000 methods). The package then includes
scripts that tries to
>change license of non-free code in this small image.
If the changes
>will be confirmed by you, we will have got the free
kernel that can
>load the rest of current Squeak code. See readme.txt
for more details.

>Cheers,
>-- Pavel
***