How to generate identically image file after snapshots

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 04:49:55 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 31 July 2007 7:32 am, John M McIntosh wrote:
> If you have some desire to make duplicate images look at
>
> primitiveSnapshot
>
> and consider cloning that to perform the writeImageFile() twice using
> different image names.
It would be simpler to copy image files after they are written. But I don't
this the issue was to copy image files locally. The original poster wanted to
update third-party images by shipping fileIns to a reference image instead of
the whole image itself. The poser, then, is how to verify that the resulting
image is same as intended.

I would simply use xdelta (see xdelta.org) for situations like this. E.g.

 xdelta delta ref.image thirdparty.image thirdparty.xd
and ship thirdparty.xd
 xdelta patch thirdparty.xd ref.image thirdparty.image

The downside is xdelta is a memory hungry utility. How big is the image?
Regards .. Subbu