Local SqueakSource Server

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 03:08:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 08:36:58AM -0700, Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:37:14AM +0200, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
> > It's a pitty that installing something like SqueakSource is so
> > complicated...
> > One of the problems seems to be that SqueakMap does not work in your
> > 3.7 image (there have been various issues with SqueakMap IIRC).
> > Anyway, if you follow the description on the Wiki page http://
> > source.squeakfoundation.org/ss.html I think you get around SqueakMap
> > since all packages are in the repository of SqueakSource-SqF itself.
>
> I tried this, but still ran into the SqueakMap show-stopper. 3.7
> does not come with Monticello, and so must be loaded from
> SqueakMap. But SqueakMap does not work. I suppose I could try
> downloading the MCInstaller and Monticello packages from the
> SqueakMap web interface.

I tried doing this, and I got further than before. I downloaded
http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/MCInstaller.11.st from
SqueakMap, and all the packages in
http://source.squeakfoundation.org/ss/ . Then I opened up a
3.7-5989 image, filed in MCInstaller, then proceeded installing
the MC snapshots in the order specified on the wiki page at
http://source.squeakfoundation.org/ss.html . When installing
KomHttpServer-gk.6.mcz, I get a warning that missing older
dependency KomServices-gk.1.mcz cannot be found. Ignoring it, I
continue on. I install Seaside2-avi.86.mcz and enter a username
and password. When I install SqueakSource-dew.152.mcz, the image
halts at 100% CPU at about 7/8 of the way through loading. Alt-.
has no effect.

Taking heed of the warning, I try downloading
KomServices-gk.1.mcz from SqueakMap, and using it in place of
KomServices-gk.2.mcz. This time, there is no warning when
SqueakSource-dew.152.mcz still freezes the image at the same
point.

8 show-stoppers and counting :-/