New Win32 VM [m17n testers needed]

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Jun 3 04:03:14 UTC 2007

Hi Folks -

Thanks to some dedicated OLPC-related work done in Greece by Chris
Petsos[1], we now have a Windows VM with Unicode support enabled. This
VM will both generate UTF input from characters as well as support
clipboard, file and directory names in UTF-8. The VM is available here:

http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.10.1-bin.zip
http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.10.1-src.zip

You are invited to test the new work but be advised that this may
require some manual adjustments - for an understanding what needs to be
done, please see [2].

I'm interested in reports, both good and bad about whether the
clipboard, file, directory and input support behaves as expected.

[1]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2007-May/001194.html
[2]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2007-June/001306.html

Cheers,
   - Andreas