[Vm-dev] Re: New Win32 VM [m17n testers needed]

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Sun Jun 3 20:24:48 UTC 2007

  Chris,

> Don't forget that the VM is sending unicode chars as the sixth data member
> of the event buffer.

  Sure.  I looked at these values yet didn't see it.

  (If I remember correctly, it got changed (from third to
sixth.  take a look at MacUnicodeInputInterpreter>>initialize.  It
tells you the history^^;))

> Japanese locale specific question... does a unicode Japanese character fit
> inside a WCHAR struct?

  It does.  UTF-16LE without surrogated pairs is almost ok for daily
use.

> Cause, there have been used Windows functions that convert WCHAR streams
>
>     MultiByteToWideChar
>     WideCharToMultiByte
>
> Could the problem be there?

  I can't quite trace the detail (and my memory), but when the macro
UNICODE is defined, the latter should be just used?

-- Yoshiki