[Squeak-dev] Slowdown with required methods...

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:02:37 UTC 2007

2007/6/4, Alexandre Bergel <Alexandre.Bergel at hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
> Although it makes sense to display non-empty protocols only,
> DPRequired makes a significant slowdown because required methods have
> to be computed to determine if this dynamic protocol has to be
> displayed or not.
>
> What about defining a hasRequiredMethod in Behavior? I guess this
> will remove the slowdown...

Hi Alexandre,

I think the problem comes from the non-optimal algorithm which
computes the required methods. The algorithm must cache its result and
answer efficiently. The problem is that I don't have enough knowledge
to correct it. It's the Nathanael's algorithm which is included in
3.9.

Bye

--
Damien Cassou