[Vm-dev] Re: New Win32 VM [m17n testers needed]

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jun 5 07:01:16 UTC 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> MultiByteToWideChar certainly works for Japanese code pages, such
> as 932 (Japanese Shift-JIS). It works for all code pages for which
> Microsoft has released a version of Windows, and that certainly
> includes Japanese.

Right, I think this was a misunderstanding. Yoshiki had already sent a
screenshot that shows that he can display file names properly so we know
that WideCharToMultiByte and back works (see
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-June/117487.html).
The problem appears to be on the IME input (which has no relation at all
to those functions).

Cheers,
   - Andreas