New Win32 VM [m17n testers needed]

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 5 09:28:54 UTC 2007

Hi there, looks like this stuff is just in time for the project I'm working
on!

A couple of problems so far though. Seems that when the Ctrl key is down the
codes come back
As the ascii (Ctrl+a = 1) rather than the character "a" (along with the Ctrl
key flag). Additionally, mouse-wheel
activity comes back as ascii value 0. Here's a quick fix, though I expect
some of this should be handled in the
VM.

'From Squeak3.9 of 7 November 2006 [latest update: #7067] on 5 June 2007 at
10:26:08 am'!

!UnicodeInputInterpreter methodsFor:
'*Pinesoft-ReportBuilder-UI-Editing-override' stamp: 'gvc 6/5/2007 10:25'!
nextCharFrom: sensor firstEvt: evtBuf

	| keyValue |
" Unicode charCode expected as the sixth data member !! "
	keyValue := evtBuf sixth.
	keyValue < 32 ifTrue: [keyValue := evtBuf third].
	Transcript show: evtBuf asString; cr.
	^ keyValue asCharacter.! !

Oh, and it would be nice if the VM version was reported correctly so that
checks can be made in-image as to
whether the Unicode interpreters/converters should be used.

Glad Unicode input is being addressed, however, keep it up!

Gary