Little change in rST (was: RemoteObjects, which version?)

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 01:14:18 UTC 2007

This is for Noury and Douai's team:

I was playing a bit with last version of rST, trying to make it work with
3.10 (I'm working with Damien Cassou's image) and i found that the unique
problem is in the transmission of bytes (it was an error in serialization:
WriteStream does not works with non-character elements).  Therefore, I
changed SocketStream for FastSocketStream and everything works fine... all
tests runs without error, and samples too.
Is it possible to put this change in SqueakSource?

Thanks,
Esteban

pd: Other possible change is by refactoring SocketStream to use
RWBinaryOrTextStream instead WriteStream, but I think this is much more
radical than modifying rST package...