Box-Admins Team Report for May, 2007

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Jun 6 14:31:31 UTC 2007

The box-admins team is reponsible for seeing that the community shared
server is maintained and setting up any new features to be hosted on
that server.

For May 2007:

Göran Krampe discovered a temporary DOS attack on the server early in
the month and blocked it restoring proper response times from the
community server.

Also thanks to Göran we once again have a backup for the community
server.  Also Marcus Denker is providing a secondary backup and the
community server is going to be backing up files for squeaksource.com in
reciprocation.  Marcus and I are currently working out some final issues
but I'm sure we will be able to work this out in June and provide a
final report on this in the next installment.

Also you may notice that from the list of services below
www.squeakfoundation.org has been dropped.  After some difficulties and
discussions with the Board it was decided that at least for the time
being it makes more sense for the Foundation information to be part of
the Squeak.org site.  You can find this under
http://www.squeak.org/Foundation/

where more content should be appearing soon.

I want to thank the community for the monetary support needed to fund
the box and remind them that the bills continue to appear and that
you can currently contribute to the hosting bills by going to

http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/

and clicking on the 'donate' button at the top right.  Note that a
donation here may be used for other Squeak Foundation services including
but not limited to development, development infrastructure, and
promotion of Squeak.

The services being hosted have continued to grow and include (but are
not limited to):

http://www.squeak.org/

SqueakMap - http://map.squeak.org/

http://ftp.squeak.org/

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/

http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/

http://source.squeakfoundation.org/

http://map.squeak.org/

https://svn.squeak.org/

http://update.squeakfoundation.org/

http://wiki.squeak.org/

http://bugs.squeak.org/

and DNS services for squeak.org and squeakfoundation.org domain names.

Ken