Box-Admins Team Report for May, 2007

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Jun 7 17:10:08 UTC 2007

You're right there is some duplication and overlap.  There are multiple
reasons for this I believe.  One of the biggest ones is simply
historical.  Up until a couple of years ago all bugs, fixes,
enhancements were posted to this list and that was the one and only way
to communicate them to the community.  Despite the time that has passed,
this habit has not been completely dropped.

Not everyone is happy with Mantis.  I certainly am not, but I'm somewhat
of a pragmatist and believe we have to use the tools we have while we
work on better ones.  For the moment I'm looking forward to Gjallar.

We can't force consolidation.  We can simply strongly suggest direction
for it and try to make the transition as easy as possible.  I think that
as the tools improve and we improve our own understanding of what we
need and what works best (and I personally think we still have a lot to
learn on that subject) I'm confident that consolidation on procedure
will improve.

Ken