Image as a database (was Re: UTF8 Squeak)

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramirodt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 22:07:28 UTC 2007

If you run applications that don't need to execute transactions or
care a lot to lose some part of the objects if the application
crashes, and you also find a nice way to share the instances of your
object model among different running instances (very common in Seaside
to run several images).  Although I have never used VW, it is probably
not a lot different, since Seaside apps can be pretty stable.
But if you need to execute "persistent" transactions, then take a look
at Magma, Glorp, GOODS or even the free version of GemStone.

r.