Friends of Morphic

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 02:32:51 UTC 2007

Hi Edgar, Hi all,

This is a reply to correspondence I have be having
with Edgar about morphic. I've copied it to the
morphic list and to squeakdev. If any out there have
an interest in becoming friends of morphic, I invite
discussion and responses. I am hoping the morphic list
might revive thru the help and interest of friends.

I wrote:
> > I would like to see a Friends-of-Morphic group.
> > A Team implies some responsibilities and
> authority. I
> > have not gotten that far in my thinking yet.
> >
> > The question I want to answer is what would be
> > worthwhile? In both the short and long term.

You replied:
> I don't have ideas now.
> I like Morphic, wish could improve and have a long
> life in Squeak.
> To me and you sure a Friends-of-Morphic group works
> better.
> But if we wish impact, a team is the answer.

Yes, at some point a team will be the answer.  Right
now I am interested in questions.

My idea of a friends group is to generate ideas in a
more casual atmosphere. To attract interested parties.
Identify strengths and weaknesses of those. Identify
resources (I.e. who has experience and time (or
students!) to be part of a team.)
To identify interesting projects and maybe discuss
which are worth allocating resources to.

Cheers Jer