[Squeak 3.9] Socket waitForData won't wake up when data become available

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Tue Jun 12 11:48:32 UTC 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:32:40 +0200 , goran at krampe.se wrote:

> And also - by "empty" I mean *empty* as in brokenly-weird-empty - not
> just-an-empty-implementation-of-a-method.
> I don't even get a signature in the code pane! And no implementors of it
> either.

My image is 3.8, #6665. The instance variable 'buffered' is actually used:

checkFlush
	self buffered
		ifTrue: [self autoFlush
			ifTrue: [self outStream position > self bufferSize
				ifTrue: [self flush]]]
		ifFalse: [self flush]

initialize
	buffered := true.
	autoFlush := true.
	binary := false

The two methods #buffered and #buffered: are standard get and set methods.

Maybe your image is corrupt?

Later,
Jon