[ANN] AIDA/Web app server 5.4 beta released on Squeak

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:27:09 UTC 2007

Seaside has evolved a lot in the past years.

> - Back button supported (really needed?)

As long as IE has a back button, billions of people will press on that
button every day. No matter if they have been told not to do so ;-)

> - Not much OO, more procedural programming

That must be a misunderstanding, this is completely wrong. Seaside was
always a framework written from top to bottom with objects. It
encourages users to use objects and provides a clean separation
between model and view.

> - Url's not RESTlike

The question about REST is more a religion than a technical question.
Fact is,  Seaside supports RESTful URLs with little additional effort
from the developer.

More important is that Seaside provides a high abstraction over HTTP.
Developers don't have to think about request, response, urls, unique
parameter and field names, etc. Seaside does all that for you and let
you concentrate on what you really need, your application.

> - Crosslinking
> - pages difficult

I don't exactly understand what this means, but I think it is wrong (see above).

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli