[Q, OT] Evaluating Software Engineer

Robert Stehwien rstehwien at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:39:56 UTC 2007

Sungjin Chun,

> As my subject says, I want to know whether there is general sheet or
> something equivalent for software developer evaluation. I know the area
> of programming is more important but I believe that there should be
> common requirements for software developer or programmer.
>
> Any kind of doc/url or else will be helpful :-)

Here are a few useful articles on the topic that might give you a start:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/GuerrillaInterviewing3.html
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/ThePhoneScreen.html

I've used a derivative of those guidelines (or something that looked
like it before reading the article) a few places.

--Robert