[ANN] AIDA/Web app server 5.4 beta released on Squeak

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jun 14 21:27:06 UTC 2007

Hi Cédrick,

Cédrick Béler wrote:

> same plus the component approach, the halos, debugger etc...  not sure
> it's doable in AIDA (??)

Standalone components already there, debugging is done by raising an UHE
windows on server, which stays there until you comes around. User get
500 internal server error. I thought about web debugger but so far
rather didn't go that way. But changing CSS on the fly that seems very
interesting, specially for web designers, and this will be supported soon.

>> but, even if I don't choose it, I applaud having another ST option
>> for web development.
>>
> yep, same here ! Since I learned object oriented, I noticed that it's
> all about what you abstract and how... Having several option is very
> interesting for me... AIDA offer direct binding between domain object
> and web page (if I understand well) as straight persistence (with
> gemstone ??) . Other cool stuff is that we now have swazoo in squeak
> since kom isn't really maintained...

You are right about direct bindings from domain objects to their many
representations (views), while persistence is supported just on Gemstone
and VW and this is done by replicating objects from Gemstone to
in-memory cache in VW. But there is no SQL support etc. And I'm
promoting a Smalltalk image as a database approach anyway :)

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek