Support of algebraic operations on sets

sig siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:24:18 UTC 2007

I would like to ask community, why there's no methods in Set class
which support macro operations with sets like
intersection/subtraction.
There's only a #union: method, in my 3.8 , and i wonder, why there's
no #intersect: and #subtract: ?
These are common algebraic operations on sets, and i really missing
them: i have to modify one set by comparing it with another and
add/remove elements based on this comparison. Currently i forced to
implement intersection/subtraction operations each time i need them,
but i would really like to see these operations in standard Set
protocol.

Or, if someone knows, please describe the reasons why these operations
was not included in standard Set protocol?