[ANN] AIDA/Web app server 5.4 beta released on Squeak

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jun 15 11:27:10 UTC 2007

Hi Giovanni,

Giovanni Corriga wrote:

> I also believe that any Seaside vs. REST comparison is useless: Seaside is a framework for
> building web applications whose primary medium is the web browser; REST is an architecture
> for creating web services that may also be consumed by a web browser.

REST is not only for web services (ala SOAP but with REST way)) but it
is actually important for web applications too. One can of course say
that web service is a more general form web app, but we are talking here
about suitability of REST principle for building complex web applications.

And with Aida is a proof that this is completely doable and and has a
main advantage that an original web spirit is preserved even in most
complex web apps.

Best regards
JAnko

Janko Mivšek