Specifications for the sound recorder program & a low memory image for a Mac, a long request...

Russell N Hyer hrothgar.ofstingan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:02:07 UTC 2007

Dear Ken & John,

The reason I'm using Macintosh is because that's what I have at home.

In answer to John's question, yeah, it's 68k. And I know I *should*
upgrade, if your figures are true for 20 / 30 pounds for a G3, then I
will do so quite soon.

The reason, however, for wanting to work on my ancient machines was
that I wanted something that would work simply and not have major
RAM/CPU requirements. (Of course things have changed a lot since I
last bought a machine.. and this is only a test...)

Oh and I think the morphic-less Squeak-68k VM/shrunk image would be
very useful. I mean - it's not about constructing a GUI - it's about
utilising the sound recorder program to respond to input sounds.

Regards,

Russell

--
Diploma: English Law with German