[ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 07.6

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Fri Jun 22 13:13:00 UTC 2007

On 22/06/07, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:

> it would be good but
>         - the harvesting team should harvest them

Harvesting team?

        - you should pay attention that the speed is not dropping

Is there a test suite or something I can keep running to check that sort of
thing? My gut feeling is to go for clarity first, then (ideally) worry about
optimization once I can run stuff against a profiler.

        - I would focus a set of clearly identified packages and see how it
> goes.

I just opened a new project, ran SLint against OmniBrowser-*, OB* and OR*
and started in on the long methods (the usual suspect is turning out to be
O[BR]Cmd*#execute).

SLint also throws up a whole host of dubious uses of isKindOf, which I'd
like to replace with testing methods on the various nodes, but I'm
scratching my head to come up with names. An 'isBehaviorOrTrait' test wrote
itself though.

Incidentally, I'm finding the CodeFinder to be an absolutely indispensable
tool for deciding when to pull out a method: Just write a CodeFinder query
matching the potential method fragment and run it to find out if multiple
methods are doing the same thing.