Affecting the OS (Windows) window from Squeak

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sun Jun 24 14:36:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

to make a squeak application look more native Windows, I'd like to
have my (frameless) top level UI morph exactly with the UI window.

That's easily done by observing World extents and resizing my UI.
Actually I might place my UI elements just into the world and make it
grey.

The problem arises if I want to limit the resizing of the UI window as
not to hide parts of my UI.

If this hasn't been done yet, I guess I'd have to use FFI, find out
the appropriate Windows api and step my morph to undo manual resizing
of the OS window.

Alternatively there might api calls to fix the size of the window.

I couldn't find the place where the World updates its bounds from the
OS window either.

I hoped to find all these information in Areithfa Ffenestri.

Any clues (including appropriate win api calls) are appreciated.

Thanks,

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net