os-x 10.4.10 and SmalltalkImage current osVersion

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jun 25 07:18:58 UTC 2007

Oddly enough I was reading a few months back that the call we make in
the os-x carbon VM to get the version
number would lie when the minor version number went over the number 9.

Sure enough running os-x 10.4.10 and asking for SmalltalkImage
current osVersion  -> 1049
The same value as when running 10.4.9

As far as I know any use of this version number in squeak on the mac
usually cares about osVersion < 1000 or >= 1000

However I thought I'd note this event in case someone becomes
confused about what the VM is reporting, versus
what they know about the version of the OS they are running.

===