The land of the Mice, a bedtime story

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 18:53:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 07:51:20PM +0200, goran at krampe.se wrote:
> We are now in the second year of the fourth era. Are the citizens happy?
> Or is there confusion and paralysis spreading slowly across the land? Is
> the bureacracy and constitution working as we hoped or is it slowly
> eroding the hearts and souls of mice? ...is the magic gone?

The old castle Image lay in ruins and is haunted by the ghost of
beloved kind Dan. It is a forbidding place and makes shudder all
who enter. Shall we leave the ghost in peace and abandon castle
image, and go our separate ways, or tear down the castle and
rebuild?

I believe the ghost will haunt us as long as we keep entering
castle Image. I believe, therefore, we should divide the land
into city-states surrounding the existing communities, and leave
castle Image to rest in peace.

> And if this is so.... what can we learn from history to do something
> about it?

The land is thriving, but it is in turmoil, as the ghost wants
us to believe in one true image. Let us abandon that for now and
establish trade routes rather than government.

> Can our land be yet again changed through a revolution? Would it be
> wise? Or is it just a lack of strong builders creating new castles and
> houses of wonder? Can the land sustain more than one castle?

Anthropologists Pavel and Craig may yet unite the land under a
common image, but let us not be concerned with a common
government until one can be tested.

> ...to change the land of mice... or to raise the sails and find new land
> across the sea?

Leave official castle Image in peace, and let us thrive in our
cities and establish trade routes. A king may return, but let us
not lose sleep over it. We can thrive by sticking to what we
love.