SmalltalkImage current

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 10:42:51 UTC 2007

2007/6/30, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar>:

> El 6/30/07 3:31 AM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> escribió:
>
> > So I decided that since most of the methods in SmalltalkImage are of
> > that kind it'd be more useful to move them back to where they belong and
> > have SmalltalkImage instead of Smalltalk be the facade. It also means
> > that one may be able to get rid of SmalltalkImage at some point (I'm
> > pretty sure Smalltalk is around to stay ;-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >    - Andreas
>

> Andreas:
>
> I always like this view.
> Ralph , I wish we could do the "revert to 3.4" for Smalltalk.
> What is your point in this issue ?

Wow, Smalltalk really is Windows. You have to be compatible with every
mistake you ever made because your clients will refuse to update their
code. There is actually code you there that uses SmalltalkImage
current because it was written for 3.9 or 3.8. Do you seriously want
to give them deprecation messages?

Philippe