packaging style requests

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:44:38 UTC 2007

26 Feb 2007 14:44:05 -0500, Lex Spoon <lex at lexspoon.org>:
> Assuming ScriptManager is small, it should be no big deal to depend on
> it.  If ScriptManager is big, then it would be better to have a small
> subsystem just for managing these readmes.  This could initially be a
> separate package, and could later be included in the standard image if
> enough people use it.

The problem with ScriptManager is that it's graphical. It's small, 1
class, but graphical. If I'm working on a package which does not
depend on a graphical framework, it would be cool to not add a
dependency just for the README. What I suggest is a method on Object
or Class which prints its argument to the Transcript by default. Then,
ScriptManager can override this method. It's not that clean but it's
the only solution I found currently.

--
Damien Cassou