Java's modules rock? (was Re: election details *PLEASE READ*)

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Thu Mar 1 21:49:09 UTC 2007

May be you should read the PhD of alex since it was about scoping
class extension.

After thinking of lot another solution can be as in objective-C (I
may be wrong) to support class extension
but not method redefinition.

Another approach could be selector namespace, since your changes are
only local in your context, and you can still
have all the power of class extension.

If you read the OOPSLA paper on classbox you can see why subclassing
does not work and why Swing has serious problems.

Stef