Tools for working with ChangeSets

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Mar 3 14:16:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 07:52:43AM -0700, Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> I am trying to file in a changeset that was made for Squeak 3.2,
> but will lock up a 3.8 image when filed in, due to changing some
> really deep stuff with in Object (such as doesNotUnderstand:).
> So I looked for a way to differentiate between the ChangeRecords
> that override an existing method from those that don't, and I
> came across ChangeList.

Just open a file list, select the change set file, click on
the "code" button to open a FileContentsBrowser on the change
set. From here you can see method differences, versions, and
so forth.

Dave

p.s. If you find some specific issue in the change set that
is causing the problem, you can cheat a little by editing a
copy of the change set file, and filing that in.