The Weekly Juan #9: "An update on Morphic 3.0"

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Mar 6 02:56:40 UTC 2007

Hi Bert,

Thaks for your comments, Bert. This is the kind of feedback I like the most!

Bert Freudenberg escribió:
>> Something pending is the means for drawing only what is really
>> visible. The first I can think of is a 2nd parameter to #drawOn:,
>> consisting of a clipping rectangle.
>
> Or, store it in the canvas. Not sure which way would be better.

Mmmmhhhh. Not sure. Will have to think about this, and perhaps
experiment a bit with the alternatives, to see where they lead.
>> It is usually nil.
>
> Why would it be usually nil? You would certainly want to clip at least
> against the display bounds, wouldn't you? And you might want to
> optionally clip against the parent's bounds.
>
> - Bert -

Yes. I'm not doing it yet, but you're right. It should be used like the
current ("standard Morphic") #clipBy:during: although I'm not very fond
of that selector. If it is only used by #drawSubmorphsOn:, I'd rather
set and reset the clipping rectangle there. Again, this is too much
detail for "abstract thinking" for me. I will do some experiments.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich