The Weekly Juan #9: "An update on Morphic 3.0"

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Mar 6 03:06:31 UTC 2007

Hi Tim,

You're right. I guess I could make the scrollbars and zooming controls
optional, and include a way to scroll/zoom with the mouse wheel and
modifier keys. It would be ready for events from other kinds of
controllers, and would make easy to add boring scrollbars as it is
usually needed.

Separating the scrolling of the contents from the user interaction would
be more like the 3rd option I described. Let's see. I could use the
coordinate system of this morph that is just the ScrollableArea (maybe
that could be the name of the class), to specify what to show, without
messing with the contents at all. But then, what would be the meaning of
the content's location? I guess I need to think about this.

BTW, I guess you've downloaded and tried it for at least five minutes,
haven't you?

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich