Need for universes (was Re: The Weekly Juan #9: "An upd)

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Thu Mar 8 04:31:23 UTC 2007

I think universes are the next level above package - a system
configuration.

I'm investigating using a universe to describe my application and its
platform.  The application consists of about a dozen MC packages -
many with load order dependencies.  Moving the application to a fresh
image takes about 3 hours by hand.  I could script it I guess, but
I'd prefer a declarative solution.

-Todd Blanchard