Squeak Foundation Board 2007 Election Results

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 8 09:23:59 UTC 2007

stephane ducasse wrote:
> Now a better answer would be that 1/2 or 2/3 of the board should be
> renewed every year. This way we make
> sure that people with fresh energy can contribute. This is a point I
> will ask the new board to vote on.

Well, I don't really see how the board could vote on this - if the board
is a representative of the community then it's the community who votes
on it. And if the community wants "more of the same" it can certainly
say so (and, not surprisingly, has in this election). It would be
difficult to make arbitrary decisions like requiring that there must be
a certain amount of turnaround each year - as long as people have fun
they should be allowed to run, and if they get elected, they get elected!

> I would prefer that if I drop the next person on the list get the position.

Now *that* is an issue where I have complete trust in the board to come
up with a reasonable solution. If the board thinks that the best
solution is to co-opt another member, go for it. If the board thinks its
best to continue with reduced numbers, go for it. Either way is
reasonable and it really depends on the concrete situation.

Cheers,
   - Andreas