Squeak Foundation Board 2007 Election Results

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Thu Mar 8 19:46:23 UTC 2007

On 8 mars 07, at 17:00, Wolfgang Eder wrote:

> Cees de Groot wrote:
>> On 3/8/07, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>>> 1) Steff said what he wants new blood. People seldom vote for
>>> unknown
>>> squeakers. No idea how this could change , but is some to think
>>> about.
>>>
>> The obvious thing there is to limit the number of (consequitive)
>> terms
>> anyone can serve...
> In my humble opinion,
> this should be up to the voters.
> If they want new faces, they can choose to vote for them.
> I for one would like to see the most experienced squeakers
> in the board, or with other words the squeakers I had the
> chance to make experiences with (if only by observing their
> squeak mailing list posts).
> I don't think limiting the number of terms is a good idea
> for the squeak board.
> Just my thoughts,
> and please excuse the clumsy English.

no problem mine is cool too.
Now a point, the participation to the board has not too much to do
with technical skills - at least to me.
I do not see me as an expert (at least I have place to improve).  It
has to do with energy to promote squeak.
You know having a decent web site, paying attention that supporters
get ack, pins, marketing......
For this you do not need to be an expert but excellent organizers/
press release maker/designers.... and have a lot of ideas to
promote Squeak could make it too.