Mac Carbon VM 3.8.15b4U pending

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Mar 9 05:11:32 UTC 2007

I've uploaded a 3.8.15b4U to my idisk and ftp site.

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

Most importantly this contains a fix to ensure that the new browser
plugin interface works when the
image is in 16bit mode and the window size choosen by the plugin is
changed.

3.8.15b4
			sqMacUnixFileInterface.c
				Memory leak issue,  PathToFileViaFSRef  was not freeing mutable
string.
					Free nav services dialog, cleanup  that routine a bit more.
			sqMacEncoding.c
				Memory leak issue, SetImageNameViaCFString not freeing
imageNameString

			sqMacMain.c
				Add cocoInterfaceForTilda to invoke cocoa interface properly for
tilda resolving, to avoid
				msg in console log about forgetting to free nsstring.

			sqMacNSPluginUILogic2.c
				Ensure SharedBrowserBitMapContextRef is freed early in process of
rebuilding to minimize
				race conditions.

			sqMacWindowUniversal.c
				In ioShowDisplayOnWindow be a bit more paranoid if drawing
surface exists.
				In copy124BitsTheHardWay, cleanup a bit because of a bug Bert
found where in a browser
				headless app the virtual window size is changed. however the
original code asks the hidden
				window what it's size is after being resized, but the VM has
already see the new size, so
				copy124BitsTheHardWay is using stale information, and we're
hosed. Really we want to
				use information from the ioShowDisplayOnWindow about the drawing
size, and ignore what
				size the window is because that's not important.

===