2007 STS Smalltalk Coding Contest

Andres Valloud andresv at ntct1.com
Mon Mar 12 20:33:44 UTC 2007

Hello Aaron,

Monday, March 12, 2007, 10:32:21 AM, you wrote:

AR> I don't think I'll have the pleasure of making the conference, but
AR> anyone know what kind of questions are part of the contest
AR> usually? I've gone to a dozen programming contests, some ACM, some
AR> local companies, etc, and in each and every one I could've wiped
AR> the floor with Smalltalk, at least with the questions they ask,
AR> mostly thanks to our awesome class library. Just curious!

Last year, the goal of the contest was to write a program that could
play 4 varieties of pong by interfacing to a web server running the
game.  At the conference, the finalists were given 2 hours to have
their programs be able to play a surprise variety.

If you go to ftp://sqrmax.homeip.net, and login with user
smalltalkVideo and password now, there is a folder that has the
original game servers and a sample implementation for the 2006 STS
Coding Contest, as well as footage of a talk describing the approach.

--
Best regards,
 Andres                            mailto:andresv at ntct1.com