os-x dashboard widgets and Squeak.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Mar 21 05:39:08 UTC 2007

A non-etoy project would work. The browser plugin is setup to load a
particular app and image from somewhere.
So we can do things like embed the squeak vm/image/changes within the
Widget, making it fully self contained

Of course using etoys we then just use the squeakland install, and
the widget is only 100K.  Still given that
flight tracker is 2.5MB size is not too much of a concern.

On Mar 20, 2007, at 9:29 PM, Aaron Reichow wrote:

> John,
>
> Does it have to be an eToy project, or would a non-eToy Morph/
> Morphic project suffice?
>
> Regards,
>   Aaron
>
> On Mar 20, 2007, at 11:10 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:
>
>> Since Dashboard widgets are just HTML, it is of course possible to
>> have a os-x dashboard widget display
>> a particular EToy project. However I need an EToy project that is
>> small in size, does something cute/interesting/useful
>> and something a user would want on his os-x dashboard desktop.
>>
>> If anyone can suggest something, please let me know.
>>
>> --
>> ======
>> John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>
>> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://