DEADLINE for Squeak contributor agreements: 1 May 2007

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Mar 22 13:31:13 UTC 2007

Klaus,

Just to be clear I thought the article was interesting, but I had a lot of
problems with the idea too.  Mostly I figured that it was more valuable to
have a popular fork of a project then to allow some new leader to take it
over.  My biggest concern is that someone could hijack someone's reputation
by resuming a project that was abandoned.  Also it would be possible to have
a non-qualified person leading and harming a group.  For me most of the
problems addressed by this document are solved by popularity.  If something
is really needed then the developers will find a way to fix or replace it.

Still it is a good thing to think about and an interesting idea.

Ron Teitelbaum