3.10alpha: PluggableText in SqueakMap showing boxes

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 22 14:52:55 UTC 2007

El 3/22/07 11:03 AM, "trilobyte at hoe.nu" <trilobyte at hoe.nu> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> Yes, SqueakMap works, but all package descriptions display empty boxes
> wherever there is a 'cr' character.
>
> Screenshot:  http://www.metaphorse.com/squeakmap.tiff
>
> This is 3.10alpha-7069.

I see now.
Is another case of bad converter.
In old times all was Mac style.
Now you could choose between Latin1TextConverter, UTF8TextConverter, and all
in Multilingual-TextConversion category

I attach some of the first image what I build for 3.10 and what still is non
official.
Lets you have converter at string level.

This week end I try to see what converter is needed, a quick saving file and
looking in file list seems what  UTF8TextConverter new.

Maybe some is needed in PluggableTextMorph also.

Edgar