DEADLINE for Squeak contributor agreements: 1 May 2007

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Mar 22 17:58:42 UTC 2007

Hi Stef--

> I would not like than, when I die, my public work becomes unavailable
> just because I'm not here anymore to sign a paper. That's another kind
> of death.

     That would be, I agree, but...

> Shall we now all carry an "intellectual property donor" card so that
> we can drop dead anytime without fear that our fellow human beings
> feel obliged to forget what we have done?

     ...certainly if you care enough to avoid that situation, then
you'll go to the trouble of specifying a license when you release software?

     Also, not redistributing something and forgetting about it are very
different things. I'll certainly remember good software and the people
who wrote it for at least as long as I can use the software, whether or
not I have the right to redistribute it.

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist