Possible problem with FFI in 3.9-7067 ?

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 22:54:29 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de>
To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:32 PM
Subject: Re: Possible problem with FFI in 3.9-7067 ?

> Andrew Tween wrote:
> >> Thanks for finding this. I'm still at a loss why this happens (perhaps
> >> Monticello gets something wrong in its initialization?) but I have added
> >> those two lines to the SqueakMap installer script. This should prevent
> >> crashes like you were seeing.,
> >
> > In case I didn't make it clear in my original post, you will probably also
need
> > to include the modified ExternalType class>>#initializeStructureTypes
method.
> > The two lines, on their own, didn't fix it.
>
> Actually, it turned out that this fix was not entirely correct, but it
> pointed to the problem. It seems as if the initialization of external
> structures is indeed broken but in a subtly different way - and that
> calling #compileFields on all the external structures does the right
> thing once the load is complete. I have updated the installer in the
> mean time to include that fix, if you could give it a try and let me
> know if you find any other issues with it I'd appreciate it.

Sure.
I've just tried installing from SqueakMap, but it is delivering the same install
and packages as before.
I've cleared my SqueakMap cache, but with the same result.
When I browse SqueakMap in a web browser, I don't see any recent updates to FFI.
Could you check that it is indeed updated on SqueakMap?

Cheers,
Andy